This article originally appeared in the Sponsored Issue.
What is your favorite book?
- Gifted Hands
- Gifted Hands, Second Edition
- Gifted Hands (for Kindle)
- The Bible
Whose hands would you trust with your life?
- The gifted hands of a University of Michigan Medical School graduate and former Director of Pediatric Neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital, internationally regarded as a pioneer in neurosurgery.
- Ted Cruz’s grubby little fondlers.
How do you like your hands?
- Holding a knife
What was your most formative experience?
- In the 1970’s, I attempted to stab someone, but my knife glanced off his belt buckle.
- As a child, I once tried to hit my mother over the head with a hammer.
- I once cut a worm in half, then watched the two worm halves wriggle around for several minutes. Eventually, the halves stopped moving. I shrouded them both in Twix wrappers and buried them in my backyard. Every night for eight years, the worm halves visited me in my dreams. They talked of many things: Christian theology, the human condition, the political challenges facing our nation. This is what inspired me to become a surgeon.
How much sleep do you usually get?
- 12 hours
- 14 hours
- 16 hours
- Medically speaking, I am always asleep.
Which conjoined twin are you?
- One forever in the debt of Dr. Ben Carson
- The other one (also forever in the debt of Dr. Ben Carson)