On November 3, the Yale College Office of Undergraduate of Admissions released a list of additional essay questions available to 2016-2017 applicants. The new topics are as follows:
- Reflect on a time when someone made fun of you and you thought about brutally and repeatedly stabbing that person to death. How did you handle this challenge?
- Write about someone you love to do. What about them turns you on?
- On May 11th, 2015, Blackstone Group CEO Stephen Schwarzmann ’69 donated $150 million to Yale. If you had $150 million, how much money would you donate to Yale? Would you demand a historic, culturally significant building be named after you? Which one? (Commons is taken.)
- Describe an event, sexy or super-sexy, that marked your transition to manhood.
- Who’s your daddy?
- Some students have a background, identity, interest, or talent that is so meaningful they believe their application would be incomplete without it. If this sounds like you, please don’t share your story. Instead, tell us why we shouldn’t throw your application out right now; we don’t have time for your bullshit interest in falconry.
- For students applying for financial aid: What kinds of dishwashing, mopping, sweeping, or other manual labor skills do you have?